Propane is clean burning and energy-efficient fuel. There are still things you can do to promote energy saving. Below are some easy tips that can help you get started.
- Switch to a propane water heater as they recover hot water twice as fast as an electric water heater.
- Replace your furnace filter once a month. A new filter will help your heating system remain clean and run more efficiently.
- Install a programmable thermostat. Set your thermostat just a degree higher for air conditioning and a degree lower for heating. Everyone degree Celsius you adjust results in a savings of 2% on your heating bill.
- Lowering your water heater to 130 degrees from the standard 140 degrees will save more than 10% on your water heating bill.
- Keep your fireplace damper closed unless a fire is going. An open damper can let 8% of the heat in your home escape.
- If you have older, drafty windows replace them or seal around their frame with caulking.
- Use low-flow showerheads and tap aerators to save 50% more water.
These energy-saving tips can help you maximize your energy efficiency. That will help save you money in the future.